My opinion on the Consumer Constituency

Alex Gakuru gakuru at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 23 20:31:03 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 7:53 PM, Robin Gross <robin at ipjustice.org> wrote:
> I am also disappointed about how a couple people can sew divisiveness for a
> whole group.

I was involved in the publishing of the 1998 book "Understanding
conflict and its management"
<http://weblis.unep.org/cgi-bin/isis3w.exe?rec_id=012586&database=LIBCAT&search_type=link&lang=eng&format_name=EFALL&page_header=EPHAV1>

In the conflict management arena, the authors urged on the need to
read the motives of the arbitrators ("C") themselves - quite often
overlooked by third-parties(observers and commentators) whom are
usually focused on the conflict's main protagonists ("A vs B"). Since
then I personally never forget to try and understand mediators
motivations and whether they prefer the conflict in the first place?