My opinion on the Consumer Constituency

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Wed Sep 23 06:24:15 CEST 2009

Thanks, Milton.  I think it is important that people understand who
and what is behind the so-called "Consumer Constituency" proposed by
Beau Brendler.

Have any of NCUC members who are consumer organizations been
contacted by Beau Brendler (or anyone affiliated) in an effort to
include existing noncommercial consumer organizations in the
constituency that he and ICANN staff are promoting under the label of
"consumer"?

I noticed that no consumer organizations commented in favor of Beau's
petition during the ICANN Public Comment Period, so I wonder on what
basis Beau claims to be a consumer representative (other than he used
to work for one).

Robin

On Sep 22, 2009, at 2:58 PM, Milton L Mueller wrote:

> http://blog.internetgovernance.org/blog/_archives/
> 2009/9/22/4329523.html

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org