Information on NCUC 2009 Annual Election

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 17 01:20:58 CEST 2009

> Hi Jorge,

Hi Wendy, thanks for the prompt response.

> I have been the At-Large Liaison to the ICANN Board for the past two
> years.  ALAC holds annual elections for the post (which is set to expire
> at some point as the Board has resolved to the Liaison with a voting
> Director).

Yes I remember that you have been and as far as I know are the
ALAC Liason, I've also been following the recent decision to get
a chair for a new director coming from ALAC (not clear yet when
the chair will arrive and when it will be put on the table :-).

> I expressed my willingness to serve in the Liaison position
> for another year, but I believe that the ALAC is looking for someone who
> might also be electable to the voting director position when that is
> established.  That means I think my candidacy for Board Liaison is more
> a matter of form than likely election.

Got it.

> At least in the United States, candidates for President coming from the
> Senate often run in both elections.  So my run for GNSO Council is like
> the run for President while serving in the Senate :)  I'd be honored to
> serve the NCUC.

Nothing wrong about it, and glad to have you here. Things get quite
confusing sometimes on the ALAC mailing lists.

> I hope that addresses your question, but feel free to ask further if not.

Crystal clear now.

Thanks & Regards
Jorge