List of Candidates and Last Call for Nominations for NCUC Annual Elections

Gabriel Pineiro gabriel at ALFA-REDI.ORG
Wed Sep 16 23:43:42 CEST 2009

Estimate Friends,
Hi! I'd like to formalize my candidacy to the be a representative for
South America at the NCUC Exec Committee (this is because so far, I
did it... on Facebook! ;-)

Here is a small summary of my activities at the NCUC:

2001 / 2003 ? Representative at NCDNHC
2003 ? NCDNHC Charter Reform Commission Member
2003 ? DNSO Names Council Member (representing NCDNHC)
2003 ? NCDNHC AdCom Member (LAC)
2003 / 2009 ? Representative at NCUC
2009 ? Representative at the PDP WG of the PPSC

I also had experience in the At Large, as I was part of the ALOC (At
Large Organizing Committee), which was the Committee that finally
formed the ALAC, from also I was also part. In a matter of facts, I
was elected as NomCom Member from the AtLarge, but I resign the
position because in the same week, I was elected as a Names Council
Member on behalf the NCDNHC (so as you can see, I had no conflict of
interests at all)

I'm part of Alfa-REDI (alfa-redi.org) and over there, I'm a
researcher, and I I'm charge of projects like the LatinoamerICANN
Project (latinoamericann.org), from which I'm Co-Founder / Webmaster /
Journalist. Also, I'm coordinating several internal subprojects, like
the Iberoamerican Manual of Electronic Law (now a little dormant, but
now that I'm mentioning, I guess Erick will remind me the dictionary
words like "movement" ;-)

So as you see, I'm not a newbie here: I'm participating in ICANN since
the old times of the DNSO's GA. And when I read that Robin said that
was possible for citizens from "country a" living in "country b" (I'm
studying common law in Hungary), I felt that I must participate. Why?
Well, that's because I'm here since "ever" (I were in other WG, TF and
commissions), and it's my desire to get more committed into the
activities of my fellow Constituency. Looking forward to hearing from
you again in the future, best regards, Gabriel.

--
Alfa-REDI
Av. Francisco Miro Quesada 191, of. 509 ? Lima ? Perú
http://www.alfa-redi.org/ ? contacto at alfa-redi.org