RES: List of Candidates and Last Call for Nominations for NCUC Annual Elections

InternationalParents info at FRENCHPARENTS.NET
Tue Sep 15 16:19:18 CEST 2009

Thank you for this Carlos.

Have the votes already been cast for all these positions?

Caroline Isautier

Le 13 sept. 09 à 03:09, Carlos Affonso Pereira de Souza a écrit :

> Hi everyone: as a last minute addition to our election, I would
> like to stand as a candidate to be a representative for South
> America at the NCUC Exec Committee.
>

> Here is a short bio and a small summary of my activities at the NCUC:
>

> Carlos Affonso Pereira de Souza
>

> I am currently a GNSO councilor for NCUC (2007-2009), ending my
> mandate prior to the Seoul meeting. Since I have been elected to
> the council I have attended all ICANN meetings (LA, Delhi, Paris,
> Cairo, Mexico City and Sydney) and engaged in a number of
> activities such as (i) the drafting of statements for NCUC to
> present at the Council (i.e on the "confusingly similar strings"
> debate on IDNs), (ii) the drafting our NCSG Charter and the cover
> letter to the board, (iii) the submission of comments to ICANN in
> several "public comment periods", such as the recent one on the new
> GNSO Charters, as well as (iv) the general attendance on GNSO and
> NCUC calls.
>

> As ICANN´s travel support policy for GNSO Councilors only came to
> light in the end of my mandate, I would like to mention that my
> attendance of 100% of the ICANN meetings during the last two years
> was possible through the generous support of a number of sponsors,
> such as the Getulio Vargas Foundation, which is institution I work
> for, Ford Foundation (for the LA meeting) and the Brazilian
> Internet Steering Committee (for the Sydney one). ICANN has
> supported my flight ticket for the Delhi and Mexico meetings.
>

> I am the vice-coordinator of the Center for Technology and Society
> (CTS), a research and teaching center established at the law school
> of Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV), in Rio de Janeiro. We are one of
> the leading academic institutions in Brazil to approach a number of
> issues pertaining to the interplay between law and technology,
> focusing especially in intellectual property (we represent Creative
> Commons in Brazil), privacy and general internet governance issues.
>

> I have graduated in law at the Catholic University of Rio de
> Janeiro (PUC-Rio) and hold a master and a PhD degree in Civil Law
> from the State University of Rio de Janeiro (UERJ). I teach
> Contract Law and Intellectual Property Law at the graduation course
> of FGV Law School, as well as Contracts at PUC-Rio. I am also a
> member of the Commission for the Protection of Consumers in E-
> Commerce, created by the Brazilian Ministry of Justice and member
> of the Copyright Commission of the Brazilians´ Bar Association (Rio
> de Janeiro).
>

> At the IGF I have participated in some dynamic coalitions,
> especially in the former Internet Bill of Rights DC, being one of
> its founding members and the organizer of a workshop on the topic
> during last years´ ISummit. At this year´s regional IGF, in Rio, I
> was the co-chair for the dialogue panel on "Openess".
>

> Statement of Interest (GNSO)
>
> http://gnso.icann.org/council/soi/souza-soi-27nov07.html <http://
> [...]

Frenchparents.net - Bilingual online community in San Francisco
http://www.frenchparents.net

InternationalParents - Social network in 30 cities worldwide
Le premier réseau international des familles futées
The first international network for smart parents
http://www.internationalparents.net/beta