[Fwd: Re: [Ncu-exec] South America]

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Sun Sep 13 20:04:59 CEST 2009

I don't agree at all, Carlos.
The "monetizing" pays for our hosting and software; if we raise a bit more money and pay a subscription fee we can get rid of the advertisements on the Ning site but frankly I don't think that's a priority. But if that bothers you, it really isn't that much.

The problems which Norbert complains about - endlessly, it seems - would arise with Drupal and any other platform. In fact they'd probably be worse. Because someone would have to start from scratch and develop the site from nothing. Good luck with that.

I think a lot of folks here are taking an awful lot for granted and, frankly, getting a bit spoiled. For many years we made do with essentially NO web site for the elections, just material circulated on an email list. We are trying to migrate to a SNS amidst a large increase in membership and there are going to be rough patches.

--MM