[Fwd: Re: [Ncu-exec] South America]

Alex Gakuru gakuru at GMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 13 06:40:20 CEST 2009

Dear Avri,

No! Please do not unvolunteer and all the more we need your EC
leadership! Forgive me if I gave that impression since fund raising is
THE most difficult which attracts least volunteers.

Your message actually provoked me to consider what I could volunteer
myself and I hope that we all volunteer on other aspects, immediately.
If agreeable, I volunteer myself to a 'ICT policy' Working Group..

What led to me suggest that were the 'technical' project
considerations, for example:

a) All of the desired features (in this case website/portal)-need for
a 'requirements study'?
b) Evaluations and decision on the best suited Content Management System(CMS)
c) Content updates: How best can it be made simpler for all volunteers involved
d) Online meetings transcripts-how can they be captured and the
minutes published online like ICANN does - The idea? We want to those
that cast doubts about us NCUC that as a basis of belittling our
processes.
e) Membership-perhaps members would like a login where can go to and
update their details, such as region, organisation type, category, and
own underway initiatives and the status (perhaps a web page where
reports their successes, needs and challenges - my example? We are
almost done  translating 'Top 10 Myths..' into Kiswahili Prof. Kimani
Njogu is editing the version by our member Grace Mutungu and its read
great! :)

All: re-double volunteer contributions to the EC for implementation.
We will develop a great "bottom-up" information and communication
framework based on a policy framework.

regards,

Alex