ICANN Monthly Policy Update

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 1 17:46:38 CEST 2009

Hi Robin,

not sure if participation is open for non-members of ccNSO but I may be able to
help in the ccTLD Delegation / Redelegation Working Group.

Many years ago (well, may be more than many, late 80's) I was the technical
admin for the .AR ccTLD, after I left the organization that was (is) running the
ccTLD we had many issues and I worked with Jon Postel and Vint Cerf to
get things back on track.

I believe this is an important/interesting matter because administration of
some ccTLDs are tied for historic reasons to organizations that could be
doing a better job and as far as I know there is not a very clear policy
about how to deal with situations where a ccTLD administrator may be
not performing as expected/required.

Regards
Jorge