[council] Reminder: Invitation to attend ICANN Policy Update Webinar on Thursday 15 October at 12.00 UTC or 18.00 UTC

Rebecca MacKinnon rebecca.mackinnon at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 19 04:30:24 CEST 2009

Was this archived online anywhere?
Best,
Rebecca

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 2:47 PM, William Drake <
william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch> wrote:

> This should be useful background.  I'll attend the evening session...
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> *From: *Denise Michel <michel.denise at gmail.com>
> *Date: *October 13, 2009 2:02:28 AM GMT+02:00
> *To: *ccNSO Council <ccnso-council at icann.org>, ccnso-members at icann.org,
> council at gnso.icann.org, liaison6c <liaison6c at gnso.icann.org>, At-Large
> Worldwide <at-large at atlarge-lists.icann.org>
> *Cc: *policy at icann.org
> *Subject: **[council] Reminder: Invitation to attend ICANN Policy Update
> Webinar on Thursday 15 October at 12.00 UTC or 18.00 UTC*
>
> *Invitation to ICANN Policy Update Webinar on Thursday 15 October at 12.00
> UTC or 18.00 UTC*
>
> *RSVP via email to ** <http://gnso%2Esecretariat@gnso.icann.org/>** <**
> gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org<http://gnso%2Esecretariat@gnso.icann.org/>
> **> **) **by 23:00 UTC Tuesday 13 October to receive the connection
> details. **Please indicate which call you would like to join (12:00 UTC or
> 18:00 UTC).
> *
> *Title:    *ICANN Policy Update Webinar
> *When: *Thursday 15 October
> *Time:   *12.00 UTC and 18.00 UTC
>
> Dear ICANN Community Members:
>
> This is a reminder for those interested in receiving an update on ICANN
> gTLD and ccTLD policy activities in advance of ICANN's Seoul meeting.  All
> are welcome to attend this ICANN Policy Department webinar.  RSVPs are
> needed by tomorrow so connection details can be sent to you. Two sessions
> are being held for the convenience of our global community; please indicate
> your choice in your email.  Material from these sessions will be publicly
> posted for those interested but unable to attend.
>
> *Brief Session Description*:
> Through brief presentations and a question & answer period, this webinar
> will provide an update on ongoing GNSO and ccNSO activities, including a
> status report on the restructuring of the GNSO, ongoing policy development
> processes, and other working group activities.  Updates will be provided on:
>
> - IDN ccTLD policy development process
> - IDN ccTLD Fast Track
> - ccTLD delegation, redelegation and retirement
> - Other ccNSO Working Groups
> - GNSO Restructuring
> - Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP)
> - Post-Expiration Domain Name Recovery (PEDNR)
> - Registration Abuse Policies (RAP)
> - Whois Studies
> - Possible changes to the Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA)
> - Other GNSO Working Groups
>
> The webinar is scheduled for 90 minutes, and will be conducted in English
> only at this time. The content will be presented in PowerPoint along with a
> dial-in conference bridge for audio.
>
> There will be time at the end of the session for Q&A. During the course of
> the webinar, questions may be submitted using the Q&A function of Adobe
> Connect. Should we run out of time or if you have additional questions after
> [...]

Rebecca MacKinnon
Open Society Fellow | Co-founder, GlobalVoicesOnline.org
Assistant Professor, Journalism & Media Studies Centre, University of Hong
Kong

UK: +44-7759-863406
USA: +1-617-939-3493
HK: +852-6334-8843