preliminary notes from 30 Sept. board meeting online

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Wed Oct 14 03:18:44 CEST 2009

I remain concerned about the way consumer organizations in NCUC have
been left out the discussion entirely regarding the creation of a so-
called "consumer constituency".

It is fine for Beau to gather groups that agree with his pro-law
enforcement perspective of how to protect consumers, but it isn't
fair to exclude those consumer groups who do not espouse such a pro-
law enforcement viewpoint of how to empower consumers.   There are
just far more perspectives to incorporate than this single narrow
mindset to claim the entire label of "consumer constituency".   We
need to see more diversity of perspective among the groups who want
to claim this broad label.

Robin

On Oct 13, 2009, at 4:02 PM, Milton L Mueller wrote:

> I totally support the position Avri is stating here.
> We certainly know that nonduplication will be used by the existing
> CSG constituencies when convenient; we also know that Beau and
> others can "claim" to be "talking to" lots of important
> organizations but when push comes to shove they didn't even comment
> in favor of his petition, so evidence of actual members is essential./

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org