OReilly Media on "ICANN without restraints: the difficulties of coordinating stakeholders"

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Sun Oct 4 05:56:20 CEST 2009

This is exactly right, Jorge.
In many ways the AoC was a great move, especially for the US government, because it got us out of the rut we were stuck in regarding U.S. control.

But no one should be fooled or confused into thinking that the AoC solves ICANN's basic accountability problems. It doesn't.

If there is anything to celebrate, it is that we are in a better position to understand and respond to these accountability problems now that ICANN's supervision is solely under the U.S. Commerce Dept.

--MM