Glenn Beck Domain Name Dispute at ICANN

Alex Gakuru gakuru at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 3 19:56:29 CEST 2009

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 6:15 AM, Seth Johnson
<seth.johnson at realmeasures.dyndns.org> wrote:

> An audacious filing that you will enjoy reading.  It would be good
> if this got a lot of exposure, as it problematizes some of the
> core issues in a very interesting way.

Certainly very interesting!

I believe that the answer to the problem of balancing between privacy
and security is all to make some compromises. An independent third
entity to hold private data and only release it under very clear,
legal, circumstances. Prof Lessing explains it on 'Privacy 2.0' at
http://lessig.blip.tv/file/2016591/

The same applying to now roundly officially popular mobile phone
owners registrations databases and also to avoid e-enabled
discriminations, for example,

--excerpt---
ContactPoint, intended to aid child protection, has been criticised by
opponents, who say at £224m it is too costly and could put children at
risk if security is lax.

When examining criminal justice systems, the trust discovered one
woman's caution over a playground fight when she was 13 will stay on
the Police National Computer until she is 100.
--excerpt--

regards,

Alex