Contrast Beckstrom's interview with DelBianco's Argument Against New TLDs

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 3 15:37:31 CEST 2009

>> Any study on the impact of proceeding with both "full-scale" vs.
>> internet stability?
>
> yes
>
> http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-2-18sep09-en.htm

The TNO report is not a full scale study of the DNS as a system,
it's just a description of the model used for simulation by software
of the "root system".

If you read the first few lines of the report:

"Given the time frame of the root scalability study, there was barely time to
perform scalability analysis with the model. However, for purpose of model
validation and to illustrate typical use of the simulation model several
numerical cases were simulated."

Which means that now we may have a model for simulation of the
"root system", but there is still work to do to use this model for a much
better comprehensive analysis. Again it only models the "root system"
not the entire DNS system.

Regards
Jorge

> route indicates how we get there."  Jon Postel

"The Internet works because a lot of people cooperate to do things together. "
Same guy as above :-)