Contrast Beckstrom's interview with DelBianco's Argument Against New TLDs

Alex Gakuru gakuru at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 2 18:38:59 CEST 2009

Competition is expected to lower domain prices thus benefit consumers,
but would you know of any studies that provide empirical "real cost"
of a creating a domain record at the registry?
I suppose you already knew about "The True Price of SMS Messages"
http://gthing.net/the-true-price-of-sms-messages.

Important to relate prices charged with absolutes costs incurred to
help me understand why many individuals in African opt for much
cheaper gTLDs that to register their ccTLDs due to the high prices
charged by their local registries.

And exposing telcos colluding to fix internet connectivity prices
"..shareholders are making a massive 2,000 per cent from selling their
capacity before the cable officially goes live. The shareholders have
said that they will first have to recoup their investment before
lowering the internet connectivity prices."
http://www.nation.co.ke/business/news/-/1006/665950/-/iftwapz/-/index.html

Regards,

Alex