Yesterday's meeting feedback

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Wed Oct 28 01:30:42 CET 2009

Jorge, thanks so much for the valuable feedback and your commitment to being engaged with NCUC and GNSO
From: Non-Commercial User Constituency [NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Jorge Amodio [jmamodio at GMAIL.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 4:35 PM
To: NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: [NCUC-DISCUSS] Yesterday's meeting feedback

First of all, big thanks for the extra effort to enable remote
participation, and
particularly to Brenden that was very helpful letting us keep track of what
was going on in the room and who was speaking.

On this side didn't have any major issues with the Elluminate application
but for some reason the quality of the audio was not comparable to the
experience with Acrobat Connect or the Audiocast the ALAC folks are
using.

There was a high level of ambient noise and obviously it was more easy to
hear those that were close to the microphone, so thanks for asking several
times for people to remember to use it.

Some voices were easy to recognize, Robin, Avri, Debra, and Milton
(may be because they are the more noisy ones :-), for following meetings
I guess it could be a good practice, at least during the first hour or two
of the meeting, to say your names before you speak so we can train
our ears to recognize the voices.

To be frank there was some portions of the meeting I was not able to
follow, but I'd say I've got 70-80-% of the discussions/presentations.

There is one subject for which I provided some comments via chat
regarding how to build better relationships with other constituencies
particularly with ALAC, but I'll spare this topic for a separate email.

Hope you all had a great time at the gala, I've seen few pictures and
the setup looked impressive.

Getting ready now for the start of another interesting remote participation
day at ICANN 36.

Thanks again & Regards
Jorge