FW: [NCUC-DISCUSS] Call for Signatures: The Civil Society Madrid Declaration

Ron Wickersham rjw at ITSMYINTERNET.ORG
Sat Oct 24 06:36:32 CEST 2009

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009, Milton L Mueller wrote:

> Does anyone object if NCUC as a whole signs on to this Declaration?

suggest that we have a discussion period after the heat of the Seoul
meeting passes and then put it to a vote of the membership.

ideally such a discussion would bring out where we strongly agree with
the Declaration and areas (if any) where we have reservations, or feel
the document is weak, etc.

putting the issue to a vote of the membership, if the endorsement
passes, would make our constituency's signature more powerful than
a quick run-by on the mailing list.

respectfully,

-ron