For Seoul travelers

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 21 06:17:56 CEST 2009

Hi,

>From my last year's experience of visiting Seoul during the OECD
Ministerial on the Future of the Internet, when you walk out of the
airport you find bus signs with Hotels and locations displayed on them
(only to the deluxe hotels including Lotte and Westin Chosun Hotels).
You walk out to the bus, there is a bus person who helps your luggage
in, charges you between 8-10,000 wons or something which is like US$10
and these buses are nice, safe and fast and drop you right at your
hotel! And there are information counters around the airport to help
you.

Seoul is like New York, make it as expensive as you want and save as
much as you can, its all up to you! I have found taxis to be very
expensive, USD$25 for a stop in between 1.5km in Seoul and then don't
stop the black ones, they are luxury/limousine taxis and cost worse.
The city has a wonderful subway. Always ask youngsters and especially
younger Korean women for directions as they will always assist you in
understanding directions and they will mostly be able to reply in
English.

--
Regards.