Brazil's official position on the "Affirmation of Commitments"

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 20 17:45:34 CEST 2009

Probably not unexpected given the constant push over the years by Brazil
to put ICANN under the umbrella of an international organization.

While it is a good step forward to be out of the JPA, I still laugh when people
talk about "Independence" which IMHO is just an optical illusion when as
well noted by the declaration from Brazil, the root-zone is still under control
of the USG DoC and I doubt we'll see it in the near future going somewhere
else.

It will be wonderful when we can start celebrating ICANN's "independence"
from commercial and special interests and the BoD starts acting for the
"common good" and not as the Royalty of the Internet.

Regards
Jorge