IPC calling for secret ballots

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Thu Oct 15 19:41:22 CEST 2009

Thanks to Bill for weighing in against this.  I was surprised by the
strong reaction of the IPC member who threatens to NOT vote unless
she can vote in secret.

Now a Commercial Constituency member wants to keep all non-counselors
silent during the weekend sessions in Seoul.

Our members have not yet had an opportunity to dialogue on many of
these issues: - they are new, Seoul will be their first meeting,
etc.   The idea that we must be kept silent and can only watch the
counsel would be a terrible precedent to set for the new "reformed"
GNSO.   These meetings have been open and allowed for participation
from any member of the GNSO before now, so I hope we don't move in
the direction of silencing the community who is traveling to Seoul
(most on their own dime) to work on these issues.

Robin

w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org