Board Response to NCUC Letter on NCSG Charter

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Wed Oct 14 21:31:11 CEST 2009

Dear All,

The ICANN Board of Directors has responded to our letter from August
on the NCSG charter.

Please see the attached and it is also posted here:
    http://www.icann.org/correspondence/

One misconception that we need to immediately correct is their
impression that we are against the approval of any new constituencies
for 2 years.  That is certainly not our position, nor has it ever
been.   We want to see many new constituencies and we could see them
next month as far as we are concerned - it just can't be done in a
way that subordinates the rights of existing participants (as the
staff/SIC charter does).

Best,
Robin

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org