Civic Representation in ICANN: What Now? - ISOC-NY Forum @ NYU 10/8/09

Joly MacFie joly at PUNKCAST.COM
Fri Oct 9 09:10:15 CEST 2009

Thanks Robin

Frustratingly, NYU gave us a bad wireless login and thus I was unable
to read the
chat, and livestream doesn't archive. Fortunately we had a Sprint
Wireless account
as back up for the webcast.

Although we've experimented before at other events, this was the first
time we've
done a live webcast of an ISOC-NY forum, so we're pretty happy that it
went well,
and there were more people online than there were in the room!

As far as the Chapter itself goes it was a rewarding exercise in elevating
interest in, and understanding of, ICANN issues. We are particularly
appreciative
of Milton taking the time to come down and make his points.

While we did not manage to resolve the differences in the 'constituency'
versus 'broad tent' approaches to the NCSG I think we did find some
common ground in agreeing that there are definite flaws in the SIC proposal,
not to mention process.

The webcast is available on demand at http://www.isoc-ny.org/?p=886 and
is streaming on repeat at http://livestream.com/isocny

I will edit down video to a better quality version in the near future.

joly