Board appointments to fill 3 non-commercial seats on the new Council (from Roberto)

Avri Doria avri at LTU.SE
Thu Oct 1 14:07:06 CEST 2009

Hi Bill,

Thanks for forwarding this on from the ALAC open list.  I am sure many
of us would have missed reading that archive.

I, for one, agree with Roberto about us needing to work together (even
if he was speaking to ALAC and not NCUC at the time - we all do need
to work together).

I also want to take a brief a moment to celebrate the fact that the
Non Commercial Community  has 6 representatives incoming to the
Council; finally correcting an inequity that has existed for a very
long time.  Finally bringing the Non Commercial representatives into
balance with the Commercial representatives in the Non contracted side
of the house.

I also celebrate that two of the new picks are members of the NCUC,
one institutional and one individual.

Maybe some will see it as the Pollyanna in me, but I see this as a
good thing and look forward to the future opportunities.

a.