Post-Expiration Domain Name Recovery Policy Draft (fwd)

Brenden Kuerbis bkuerbis at INTERNETGOVERNANCE.ORG
Thu Nov 26 13:59:11 CET 2009

Hi Ron,

Thanks for following this issue so closely and your draft responses. My few
comments are in line below.  I realize I'm coming late to this, so if the
point I've raised has already been discussed just let me know.

Best regards,

Brenden

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 3:56 AM, Ron Wickersham <rjw at itsmyinternet.org>wrote:

<snip>

> [...]

Do you mean "Expiration policies should be equally uniform,..."?  If not,
I'm unclear what "Expiration issues" are.

More importantly, while I agree there should be a baseline of policy
uniformity, I wonder if we want to allow registries/resellers the
flexibility to set policies that could be even _more_ favorable for
consumers?

> In matters of this type, education of the Registrant has been suggested as
> the solution.  NCUC believes that education can only suceed if the policies
> around expiration are identical from any registrar or reseller.

Again, do we want entirely identical policies, or some identical baseline
policies?

Thanks,

Brenden