NCSG Executive Committee: NCUC Selects Avri Doria & Milton Mueller to serve together with Board-appointees

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Mon Nov 2 07:32:31 CET 2009

Hello, all
Yes, I am willing to do this. I would like to know what the term of the appointment is (hope it's not indefinite!)

My understanding is that this Executive Committee is a transitional team that is being put in place to effect a transition from the "Constituency-silo" model of the old GNSO to the integrated stakeholder group model that the Board and SIC seems to have endorsed at our meetings in Seoul.

Look forward to working with you all
--MM

________________________________
From: Robin Gross [mailto:robin at ipjustice.org]
Sent: Sunday, November 01, 2009 3:34 PM
To: NCUC-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU; Avri Doria; Milton L Mueller
Cc: Debbie Hughes; rosemary.sinclair at atug.org.au Sinclair; Raffik Dammak
Subject: NCSG Executive Committee: NCUC Selects Avri Doria & Milton Mueller to serve together with Board-appointees

Dear All,

I am happy to report that the NCUC Executive Committee unanimously voted to appoint Avri Doria and Milton Mueller to represent NCUC on the NCSG Executive Committee.

Under the 30 July interim NCSG Charter<http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-30jul09.htm>, NCUC's Executive Committee was to select 2 representatives to serve on the NCSG Executive Committee.

And then, under the 30 Sept. 2009 ICANN Board<http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-30sep09.htm> resolution, the other NCSG Executive Committee Representatives are to be the 3 Board-appointed NCSG GNSO Counselors (Rafik Dammak, Rosemary Sinclaire, and Debbie Hughes).

So there would be currently a total of 5 NCSG Executive Committee Representatives, should Avri and Milton choose to accept the nominations.  The 3 Board-appointed NCSG Representatives have all indicated a willingness to serve on the NCSG Executive Committee at the 27 October NCSG meeting in Seoul.   Thank you!

So now we need to hear from the 2 NCUC-selected people (Milton Mueller and Avri Doria), if they are willing to serve on the NCSG Executive Committee to represent NCUC?  What say you?

Thank you very much!

Best,
Robin

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org<mailto:robin at ipjustice.org>