6 November deadline to apply for Nairobi Meeting Fellowship from ICANN

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 3 11:48:51 CET 2009

I was a ICANN Fellow to the 36th International Public ICANN Meeting in
Seoul, Korea. Despite the fact that I had applied many times earlier,
I only got the fellowship this year. Rafik Dammak made seven
applications before he finally made it over in this meeting.

One recommendation I noted this time is that the application needs 4
key things and one important point for after the meeting:

1. You should be member of one or more ICANN Mailing Lists taking part
in the discussions, in this case you can clearly mention NCUC that I
did too, and, state the mailing list.

2. Show association with NCUC or ALAC or any other ICANN constituency
or advisory committee.

3. Have a definite statement that you will contribute in future ICANN
constituencies or committees as you gain knowledge about their working
and face-2-face participation.

4. Have a strong supporting letter that shows your association with a
key area of ICANN Policy Intervention meaning you are from a
non-profit organization or non-commercial organization that
participates and follows ICANN's work.

The most important aspect of the fellowship program is that it runs on
3 time thumbs rule meaning that you can only get a fellowship thrice
and within this you should move into participating in a ICANN
constituency or advisory committee. Your after-meeting reports are
very important because if you miss those, you won't be considered for
future fellowships at ICANN.

I hope this information helps?

--
Regards.