Human rights impact assessment

Alex Gakuru gakuru at GMAIL.COM
Sun Nov 1 15:57:33 CET 2009

Just got back home about two hours ago. It was wonderful meeting the
NCUC team at Seoul.

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Rebecca MacKinnon
<rebecca.mackinnon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Milton, glad you like the idea. If our GNSO councilors are interested in
> bringing this up through the GNSO, or if anybody participating in the
> various working groups wants to use the GNI principles on privacy and free
> expression as a benchmark for whether basic standards are being met on that
> front please let me know what other contacts/info you need.

I asked at Kathy's panel, why broad Board's policy instruction
"protect rights of others" had been reduced to just "protection of
commercial rights, now of brand owners"? Impressing upon all to
consider the broader spectrum of (Human) Rights as per
http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/. Our Civil Society attentively
listens to anything and everything affecting UDHR.

Regards,

Alex