Kleiman's comments on the Trademark proposals

Mary Wong mwong at PIERCELAW.EDU
Tue May 26 00:59:04 CEST 2009

I'm glad to see more comments and contributions from NCUC'ers and like-minded friends on the IRT proposals!

While my take on the IRT report may differ to some extent from some of you (I'm on the IRT), I think it's important to make those public comments so that divergent views and alternative proposals can emerge.

The final IRT report will be released toward the end of this week, and I encourage everyone with an interest in the intersection of trademark law and domain name policy, as well as those who are concerned about how the new gTLDs will operate, to track it and comment.

I will be happy to discuss the final report once it's released; there will also be a public forum at the Sydney meeting that I encourage everyone who will be there to attend.

Best,
Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law
Franklin Pierce Law Center
Two White Street
Concord, NH 03301
USA
Email: mwong at piercelaw.edu
Phone: 1-603-513-5143
Webpage: http://www.piercelaw.edu/marywong/index.php
Selected writings available on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) at: http://ssrn.com/author=437584

>>> Robin Gross <robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG> 5/25/2009 5:50 PM >>>
Wonderful, Kathy!  Excellent work!

Thank you,
Robin

On May 25, 2009, at 2:01 PM, Milton L Mueller wrote:

Really excellent comments, please read
http://forum.icann.org/lists/irt-draft-report/msg00068.html

Shows how the IRT proposals are a power grab that go way beyond trademark law and ICANN's mission.

Milton Mueller
Professor, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
XS4All Professor, Delft University of Technology
Internet Governance Project:
http://internetgovernance.org

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org