Cybersafety

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Fri Mar 20 20:59:10 CET 2009

So the "cybersafety" constituency proponents want to bring discussion
to ICANN about "Internet safety" and when people start discussing
what that means to them the discussion is called "inappropriate" by
the proponents of the discussion?

Interesting way of bringing discussion of a subject to a community.

Robin

On Mar 20, 2009, at 12:46 PM, David H Bailey wrote:

> This discussion is a bit tiresome, and more than a little bit
> inappropriate.
>
> Can't we return to answering the questions posed last week in the
> CSC response to version 6 of the NCUC proposal?
>
> DHB
>
> My position of online safety is that ICANN should only protect
> against fraud and not free speech. Porn is a slippery slope. If we
> were to take the Mormon position against porn, do we then take the
> Catholic position against birth control or condom use? Do we take
> down criticism of Islam? Do we protect children from "cults". ICANN
> is not in the law enforcement business. We aren't here to police
> the Internet - just make it work.

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org