Discussion of Cybersafety Constituency

Marc Perkel marc at CHURCHOFREALITY.ORG
Fri Mar 20 16:19:45 CET 2009

My position of online safety is that ICANN should only protect against
fraud and not free speech. Porn is a slippery slope. If we were to take
the Mormon position against porn, do we then take the Catholic position
against birth control or condom use? Do we take down criticism of Islam?
Do we protect children from "cults". ICANN is not in the law enforcement
business. We aren't here to police the Internet - just make it work.