Discussion of Cybersafety Constituency

Konstantinos Komaitis k.komaitis at STRATH.AC.UK
Fri Mar 20 12:05:38 CET 2009

I am also very much in favor of promoting issues of online and individual
safety, however,  my main concern is that if such issues are promoted under
the CP80 or the Mormon agenda only certain views will be expressed that
reflect the culture and tradition of such groups. Everybody, irrespective of
religious or personal beliefs, wants to see an Internet safe and secure;
however, the means through which this will be achieved varies amongst the
members of the constituency and this is not to say that these views cannot
be expressed. However, we always have to bear in mind that these views only
represent a small fraction of the constituency and are designed to deal with
issues under a different, more religious, perspective that does not
necessarily comply with everybody¹s idea of how safety online is to be
achieved. To me this sounds like an imposition of religious beliefs rather
than a  genuine concern about the issues discussed.

Konstantinos

--
Dr. Konstantinos Komaitis,
Lecturer in Law,