Please, Robin . . .

Cheryl Preston prestonc at LAWGATE.BYU.EDU
Thu Mar 19 20:03:59 CET 2009

"Won't disclose"?   I have always been listed on the NCUC webpage as representing CP80. See http://www.ncdnhc.org/members.htm.  You will no doubt remember Ralph' other foundation was not permitted to join NCUC because he got an email from MM saying that CP80 was already represented by me and he could only be an additional person for the same organization.  You and I shared many emails about this.

Everything CP80 ever proposed in on their public webpage.  Everything I have ever written on port zoning is on SSRN, WestLaw, Lexis and various other Internet sites.

The CSC Mission Statement in the Charter is:

The purpose of the CSC is to represent Internet users, as well as organizations that study and advocate for Internet users, whose interest is balancing free speech and anonymity with the values of protection and safety in developing Internet policy within ICANN.  The CSC will contribute to the consensus model of policy development, while advocating that ICANN policies and the technical development of the Internet should not unduly impair the lawful rights of governments and other organizations of authority to take steps to protect their citizens and members from illegal activity conducted on or through the Internet.

Can we stick to the issues (and the truth) and leave personal insults out of it?

Cheryl B. Preston
Edwin M. Thomas
Professor of Law
J. Reuben Clark Law School
Brigham Young University
434 JRCB
Provo, UT 84602
(801) 422-2312
prestonc at lawgate.byu.edu

>>> Robin Gross <robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG> 3/19/2009 12:45:33 pm >>>
That is fascinating.  Robert Yarro, the man behind SCO, the "most
hated company" that stole computer code from the Linux open source
community and who's entire business model is lawsuits claims he will
bring "the first moral voice" to ICANN.

I wonder why the "CyberSafety" Constituency won't disclose its ties
to Yarro or to CP80 in its proposal.  Must be part of the "moral
leadership" we can expect from Yarro's group.

Robin

On Mar 19, 2009, at 7:39 AM, William Drake wrote:

> Of interest
>
> The Most Hated Company In Tech http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/
> content/04_05/b3868104_mz063.htm
>

> Carlos Afonso wrote:
>> A polygamic sect enters the scene led by a person whose ethical
>> practices are dubious to say the least (witness the war against
>> the open source community waged by Yarro on contract with Micro$oft).
>>
>> I wonder where is this going to lead?
>>
>> --c.a.
>>
>> William Drake wrote:
>>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/18/mormons_icann/

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org