6 Bucket List

Mary Wong MWong at PIERCELAW.EDU
Thu Mar 5 18:32:38 CET 2009

Hi Cheryl and everyone,

This week's ICANN meeting has provided us all with useful feedback about the community's concerns and questions regarding a new NCSG. I for one am glad also that Carlos and I had the opportunity to chat with you, and to confirm that we all would like to move forward from previous disagreements, and work together towards a robust and workable NCSG within the reformulated GNSO structure.

In that regard, may I suggest that NCUC members take the time to review again both the majority NCUC proposal and that put forward by Cheryl and the potential cyber-safety constituency, with a view toward identifying remaining issues of divergence and discussing whether these differences can be bridged?

Thank you all,
Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law
Franklin Pierce Law Center
Two White Street
Concord, NH 03301
USA
Email: mwong at piercelaw.edu
Phone: 1-603-513-5143
Webpage: http://www.piercelaw.edu/marywong/index.php
Selected writings available on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) at: http://ssrn.com/author=437584

>>> Cheryl Preston <prestonc at LAWGATE.BYU.EDU> 3/5/2009 12:07 PM >>>
Dear Bill,

As it states, the 6 buckets list was only a template for discussion.  I am not "proposing" this, only that further study and analysis be done about the vision of a fully mature NCSG before setting an inconsistent structure in place.

I would be happy to engage in discussion with you if you have questions.

Cheryl B. Preston
Edwin M. Thomas
Professor of Law
J. Reuben Clark Law School
Brigham Young University
434 JRCB
Provo, UT 84602
(801) 422-2312
prestonc at lawgate.byu.edu

>>> William Drake <william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch> 3/5/2009 7:23 am >>>
Cheryl,

Thanks for clarifying your thinking, I was pretty confused in the
meeting by your prior explanation of how you expected this to work.  I
would strongly encourage you to file an amendment to your submission
to the board so that they too will have a better understanding of what
you are proposing.

Best,

Bill

On Mar 3, 2009, at 1:06 PM, Cheryl Preston wrote:

> I understand there is some confusion about exactly what I had in
> mind when I mentioned the possibility of a six constituency NCSG
> model.  This is the exact statement I mentioned.
>

> Cheryl B. Preston
> Edwin M. Thomas
> Professor of Law
> J. Reuben Clark Law School
> Brigham Young University
> 434 JRCB
> Provo, UT 84602
> (801) 422-2312
> prestonc at lawgate.byu.edu<Tentative Proposals v2.doc>

William J. Drake
Senior Associate
Centre for International Governance
Graduate Institute of International and
   Development Studies
Geneva, Switzerland
william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
New book: Governing Global Electronic Networks,
http://tinyurl.com/5mh9jj