trademark lobby still dominating discussion at ICANN

William Drake william.drake at GRADUATEINSTITUTE.CH
Tue Mar 10 10:38:29 CET 2009

Robin,

There were dire expressions of concern by the IPC during the GNSO-GAC
meeting (and some interesting parallels with governments' views on
geographic---or conceivably related to geographic---names) but
otherwise I don't recall any such discussion.  I presume this is a
board response to some back channel discussions.  Obviously it'd make
sense to ask for a seat at the table and transparency/reporting in its
operations.

Bill