How ICANN Spends Your Money

McTim mctim at BUSHNET.NET
Thu Jun 18 05:41:32 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Robin Gross<robin at ipjustice.org> wrote:
> Interesting to see where the money that domain name registrants pay to ICANN
> goes on the General Assembly list.  Legally required disclosures reveal the
> salary levels of high level ICANN staff and it is stunning.  Twomey at
> nearly $700,000?

Ummm, if 250k of that is pension, then it's not "salary", presumably,
some of the remainder is for expense reimbursement as well, so we are
talking closer to 400k.

It's a lot of money for you and I, but it's cheap as chips compared to
CEOs of many orgs involved in ICANN (think verisign, afilias, etc).
the real question is, does ICANN get value for money?  Methinks the
answer is yes.

--
Cheers,

McTim