New domain name .ngo would be for charities only

Rebecca MacKinnon rebecca.mackinnon at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 30 10:54:18 CEST 2009

For the record, it appears to be a British group spearheading this effort.
But either way, the same problems would seem to apply.
I guess this is an interesting
foreshadowing of the problems people are going to face in creating new
"community based" gTLDs that would have various requirements attached
to them,
and which aspire to be global.

Best,
Rebecca

--
Rebecca MacKinnon
Open Society Fellow | Co-founder, GlobalVoicesOnline.org

UK: +44-7759-863406
USA: +1-617-939-3493
HK: +852-6334-8843
Mainland China: +86-13710820364