NCSG Public Comment Period: individual members should send comment before Tuesday

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Fri Jul 17 21:03:41 CEST 2009

Dear all,

As was discussed on the NCUC Constituency Call today, we need for
each member of NCUC to send an email to ICANN and demand that
noncommercial users be listened to by ICANN as to how we can best
organize ourselves and represent our interest in the policy
development forum at ICANN.

Given the extremely short timeframe (the current deadline for
submitting comments is Tuesday 21 July), on the call we agreed that
we should ask for an extension of a few days (like the Registry
constituency did) to give members of the community who are just now
hearing about the issue an opportunity to comment.   So I'm going to
ask that we are given an extension until next Friday the 23rd (like
the Registry constituency did) so members have time to prepare
comments and file them.  We decided it is more important to have
comments on the record than to worry about what others think of us
for requesting an extension.

However it is very important that noncommercial users speak out on
this issue and stand up to ICANN's improper imposition.   So please
send in your comment to ICANN asap (I'm not sure we can get the
extension, so plan to submit your comment by 21 July - Tuesday.

The comments don't have to long.  In fact, short, brief, to the point
comments tend to be the clearest to easiest to understand.

For background on this issue, here is an article I wrote:
http://ipjustice.org/ICANN/NCSG/NCUC-ICANN-Injustices.html

And here is Milton's comment that he submitted on this issue:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-stakeholder-charters/msg00001.html

Here is the background on this comment period:
http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/#stakeholder

The email address to send your comment to is:
   gnso-stakeholder-charters at icann.org

The public comments are posted to ICANN's website here:
   http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-stakeholder-charters/

Thank you very much!

Best,
Robin

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org