FT article on ICANN and IRT issues

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Thu Jul 16 21:26:59 CEST 2009

Interesting... yesterday's version of the FT article had more
discussion about noncommercial users being ignored than today's
version of the article has.   My quote on the issue was edited out of
the article overnight.

Yesterday's version of FT article on ICANN:
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/ce57c854-7170-11de-a821-00144feabdc0.html

Here was my quote in yesterday's article that was removed from
today's version:

Robin Gross, a cyberspace rights lawyer, and executive director of IP
Justice, an international civil liberties organisation, said: “Icann
is full of people who work for corporations and think that Icann
should be run like one. When I try to remind people that it is a not-
for-profit organisation, they look at me like I am mad. Icann is
dominated by commercial stakeholder groups.”

I'm going to email the reporter and ask her what happened.

Robin

w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org