IRT meeting London

Konstantinos Komaitis k.komaitis at STRATH.AC.UK
Thu Jul 16 20:02:05 CEST 2009

Dear Milton,

Thanks for this. Just briefly a couple of comments on Jeff¹s response.
The statement I read is along the same lines as Kathy¹s (you may compare
them) and that was done intentionally since it was meant to be representing
NCUC¹s views. What Jeff needs to understand is that the people who were
participating in the meeting were not in NY and thus never heard Kathy¹s
statement. This is the position of the NCUC team and if I was able to go to
Hong Kong and Abu Dhabi, I would have repeated exactly the same thing.
The line of speakers was not that big behind me and that does not explain an
interruption (even if they were a hundred). This is an open consultation and
everyone has the right to speak (free speech if it still means anything).
There were a lot of speakers that repeated the same thing or even saying
irrelevant things; why didn¹t Jeff interrupted them. Would a 2-3 minute
statement cost that much to the IRT?
As for the discussion on the IP Clearinghouse, what Jeff is saying is
correct only (and for this I am almost certain) I had this discussion with
Fabricio (who actually was the only one to invite us to a discussion because
as he said some things might have been misunderstood by both sides) and not
Jeff. I don¹t think I interacted with him after interrupting me.
This was definitely not a personal attack. But, for me it was an effort not
to have our concerns being addressed in London, in fear of explosive
reactions like in NY.

Konstantinos

--
Dr. Konstantinos Komaitis,