Carlos Afonso ARede Personality of the Year 2008

Carlos Afonso ca at RITS.ORG.BR
Thu Jan 8 12:58:47 CET 2009

Thanks, Cheryl and Robin, and Norbert and all of you.

What particularly pleased me was that this is the second year of that
prize, and the first one in 2007 was won by Gilberto Gil. I still think
I personally do not deserve such an honor.

But in fact I feel like representing a large group of individuals who
were collectively responsible for building what we have achieved. This
year this group celebrates the 20th anniversary of the creation of the
National Research Network (RNP) and the creation of the first Internet
service provider open to the public in Brazil (two separate initiatives
which were in fact working together along all these years).

[]s fraternos

--c.a.