Fwd: [council] Motion To Approve Tool Kit of Services Recommendations for GNSO Constituencies and Stakeholder Groups

William Drake william.drake at GRADUATEINSTITUTE.CH
Thu Dec 3 08:10:00 CET 2009

Hi

Last week during our NCUC call I sent the list the tool kit of proposed services for constituencies and SGs.  Looks like the Council will soon vote on whether to approve it. While it's a bit late in the game, if anyone has any feedback as to whether the services envisioned are things we'd want or whether others would be preferred etc it'd be good to discuss, as this is potentially important to development of the NCSG.

Best,

Bill

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes at verisign.com>
> Date: December 3, 2009 6:33:20 AM GMT+01:00
> To: <council at gnso.icann.org>
> Subject: [council] Motion To Approve Tool Kit of Services Recommendations for GNSO Constituencies and Stakeholder Groups
>
> I am making this motion for action in our 17 Dec 09 Council meeting.
>
> Glen - Please post this per normal practice.  Thanks.
>
> Chuck
>
> Motion To Approve Tool Kit of Services Recommendations for GNSO Constituencies and Stakeholder Groups
>
> Motion by: Chuck Gomes
> Seconded by:
>
> Whereas the Board Governance Committee Report on GNSO Improvements (BGC Report) tasked ICANN staff with developing, within six months, in consultation with the GNSO Council, a “tool kit” of basic services that would be made available to all constituencies.  (See Report of the Board Governance Committee GNSO Review Working Group on GNSO Improvements, 3 February 2008 located at http://www.icann.org/en/topics/gnso-improvements/gnso-improvements-report-03feb08.pdf, p. 46.);
>
> Whereas the ICANN Board approved the BGC GNSO Improvement Recommendations on 26 June 2008 (http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-26jun08.htm#_Toc76113182);
>
> Whereas in January 2009 the GNSO Council formed the Operations Steering Committee (OSC) to develop recommendations to implement operational changes contained in the BGC Report;
>
> Whereas the OSC established three Work Teams, including the GNSO Stakeholder Group and Constituency Operations Work Team, to take on the work of each of the three operational areas addressed in the BGC Report recommendations;
>
> Whereas the GNSO Stakeholder Group and Constituency Operations Work Team developed and approved Tool Kit Services Recommendations for GNSO Constituencies and Stakeholder Groups on 25 October 2009 and sent them to the OSC for review;
>
> Whereas the OSC accepted the Work Team's recommendations;
>
> Whereas on 5 Nov 09 the document was distributed to the Council list and Councilors were asked to forward the recommendations to their respective groups for review and comment ASAP with the tentative goal of Council action in our December meeting;
>
> RESOLVED, the Council accepts the recommendations (http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/tool-kit-services-recommendations-for-gnso-05nov09-en.pdf) and directs Staff to share the recommendations with the Board and post the document on the GNSO web page at http://gnso.icann.org/.

William J. Drake
Senior Associate
Centre for International Governance
Graduate Institute of International and