IDNs and an upcomming possible chaos?

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 30 03:48:31 CET 2009

Hello,

for the blog post, the guy who is complaining, is also wanting to sell
those domain names ,that is interesting. I see also the same "keyboard
polemic" as people cannot type those idn (why do you want to access to
website with idn which it means that content is probably in language that
you don't speak?). I don't see the problem for people who wants idn in their
native languages. in countries like china or japan, there are already idn in
second level, and people got familiar to that. I didn't hear about issues
when such domain were introduced.
what kind of capacity building program do you suggest?
maybe it is worthy to read the last report from IDN working group ?
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/new-gtlds/idn-implementation-working-team-report-final-03dec09-en.pdf

<http://www.icann.org/en/topics/new-gtlds/idn-implementation-working-team-report-final-03dec09-en.pdf>
Rafik