Question about NCSG

Avri Doria avri at LTU.SE
Thu Aug 13 20:36:51 CEST 2009

Hi,

I understand that the NCUC wants to ask for reconsideration of the
charter, and I don't disagree, though I also do not hold out much hope
for a favorable resolution at this time - as far as I can tell they
are circling the wagons and making sure that none of the Board members
waver in the light of outside pressure.

What I am curious about is what do we want to do about forming the
NCSG.  There is an approved charter and it could be used even while
asking for reconsideration - we can be explicit about following
through with the less then acceptable charter until such time as it is
replaced by a proper charter is a matter of expediency and does not
reflect any acceptance of the SG for that charter.

What I am worried about is that we would add self-injury to those
injuries already being inflicted by the powers that be,.  I.e. in
addition to being denied the 3 seats that should belong to the NCSG
but currently are being controlled by the Board and Staff, we would
also be down one seat in that Carlos' terms ends and a replacement
needs to be chosen at the SG level.

Just asking.

a.