Draft Letter to ICANN Board & CEO

Cedric Laurant cedric at LAURANT.ORG
Wed Aug 12 17:23:14 CEST 2009

Hi Mary,

Great letter.

I think a firmer, yet diplomatic, tone is needed
a bit more throughout the letter.  As I read it,
the letter seems like a pleading to the Board
that they, please, review what staff has done.
Instead, I think a slightly more convincing
letter would systematically contrast the
critiques made about the decision-making process
at ICANN with what existing procedure rules
require ICANN to do and the methods to follow, in
order to point to the likelihood of violation of
some of those rules.  (Unfortunately, I am not
knowledgeable enough about what those rules are).

I would also compare the top-down approach the
ICANN staff used in this case with the bottom-up
approach prevailing at other international or
supranational organizations.

The link at footnote 7 does not work:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/sg-petitions-charters/pdfj95Wzn7olQ.pdf.

Cedric
---

--
Cedric Laurant, Esq.
Researcher, GECTI (Grupo de Estudios en Internet, Comercio Electrónico,