[Fwd: Clarifications Regarding Staff Summary-Analysis of Stakeholder Group Charter Public Forum]

William Drake william.drake at GRADUATEINSTITUTE.CH
Mon Aug 10 14:52:29 CEST 2009

Hi again Nick,

On Aug 10, 2009, at 2:17 PM, Nick Ashton-Hart wrote:

> Dear Bill, with respect to your comment:
>
> "I don't see a formally approved statement at http://www.atlarge.icann.org/correspondence
> . "

By which I meant, a statement that is relevant to the purported ALAC
endorsement of the SIC charter.

> Please find the following, all in the correspondence section of
> atlarge.icann.org:
>
> 24th September 2008: ALAC Statement on Stakeholder Group Openness: http://www.atlarge.icann.org/correspondence/correspondence-24sep08.htm
>
> 14th August 2008: ALAC Statement to the Board on the Structure of
> the GNSO Council:http://www.atlarge.icann.org/announcements/announcement-14aug08-en.htm
>
> Hope this is useful.

I'd seen them when I made the above comment. They are statements
embodying general views like SG's should open and transparent and the
process of constituency formation shouldn't be unduly bureaucratic,
which a) are fully embodied in the NCUC's proposed charter, b) cannot
reasonably be interpreted as meaning "ALAC favored the SIC's NCSG
Charter," and c) were agreed well before there were any charter
proposals to even discuss.

But thanks anyway.

Best,

Bill