Draft of our letter to the Board

Norbert Klein nhklein at GMX.NET
Tue Aug 18 02:49:51 CEST 2009

Robin Gross wrote:
> Cedric:
>
> In answer to your question, it became clear that it was extremely
> unlikely that the board would accept a request to reconsider its
> decision, so we would be wasting our breath asking them.  But we still
> want to hold their feet to the fire to fix this mess and to engage
> WITH noncommercial users, so we decided to take a more nuanced
> approach that can still give noncommercial users a fair deal if they
> agree to our requests.
>
> I've made just a few minor edits, mostly formatting in the attached
> document.  I'll send it out before the end of the business day
> (California).
>
> Thanks,
> Robin
I understood that this was done mainly, because a re-consideration by
the board at this time would have meant that the whole restructuring
process of the GNSO could not happen by the next ICANN meeting in Seoul
- while this is a major step in the development of ICANN, under
development since some years.

Therefore I am prepared to accept the present suggestion: not to hinder
the process towards Seoul, but to request that major decisions about the
future of what would become in future of the  heritage of the NCUC
should be kept open, to be solved - within a year.

As many have said: and what if the board does NOT accept our friendly
half way discussion proposals? This is a real difficult point to be
considered mainly in case it becomes necessary.

Norbert Klein

--
If you want to know what is going on in Cambodia, please visit
The Mirror, a regular review of the Cambodian language press in English.

This is the latest weekly editorial of the Mirror:

“Every Khmer citizen shall be equal before the law"
http://tinyurl.com/krt6gy

(To read it, click on the line above.)

And here is something new every day:
http://cambodiamirror.wordpress.com