ICANN Must Account for its Math

Avri Doria avri at LTU.SE
Wed Aug 12 21:15:02 CEST 2009

On 12 Aug 2009, at 14:32, Mary Wong wrote:

> BTW, thanks to all who commented on the draft Board letter. I'm
> making amendments now and will send out a new version as soon as I
> can.

One thing I question.  One of the strong themes in you letter is the
insult caused to individuals ad organizations.  i don't doubt that
many in civil society are indeed insulted.  I do however question
whether the notion of organizations being insulted makes sense and
also wonder, perhaps more importantly whether any of the powers that
be, i.e. ICANN Policy Staff, the Board or its SIC (structural
'improvements' committee) care about whether they insult members of
civil society.   Somehow, i imagine the notion of them insulting the
members of civil society making some of them LOL.

a.