ICANN SOI to fill sham noncommercial council seats

Rebecca MacKinnon rebecca.mackinnon at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 6 08:48:11 CEST 2009

It's highly unfortunate and disappointing.

Nonetheless, should we encourage NCUC community members to step up for
this, particularly members who come from countries in the developing
world and/or from countries which do not have free and fair elections,
and thus whose governments (and by extension GAC representatives)
arguably do not represent citizens' interests?

The alternative it seems is that it would be filled with people
currently unknown to the NCUC community.

They want diversity, we show them we have it?

Best,
Rebecca

--
Rebecca MacKinnon
Open Society Fellow | Co-founder, GlobalVoicesOnline.org

UK: +44-7759-863406
USA: +1-617-939-3493
HK: +852-6334-8843
Mainland China: +86-13710820364