IP Constituency Urges ICANN Board to Deny 6 Council Seats to NonCommercial Stakeholders Group

William Drake william.drake at GRADUATEINSTITUTE.CH
Thu Apr 16 08:58:31 CEST 2009

Good morning,

I see Brenden customized and posted Mary's nice statement, glad it got
in under the wire.  But the submission label, 'Achieve broader
representativeness in NCSG by approving the NCUC charter proposal,'
doesn't quite signal 'NCUC response to underhanded business
attack' (or some more diplomatic formulation).  Don't know how widely
this will be seen or resonate, so a subsequent group submission
addressing their main attack line---and explaining yet again the
difficulty of getting noncomm people to commit the time to these
processes, our efforts to outreach/broaden and future hopes for same,
etc----would be good.  And while there are arguments against doing so,
on balance I think critiquing their lousy charter draftette in turn
would be an appropriately proportionate response to this shadowy K St.
hard ball.

BD

william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch