IP Constituency Urges ICANN Board to Deny 6 Council Seats to NonCommercial Stakeholders Group

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Wed Apr 15 22:45:40 CEST 2009

The IP Constituency submitted its comments today on the stakeholder
group petitions.

See:
    http://forum.icann.org/lists/sg-petitions-charters/pdfyb62GoZM3w.pdf

It calls on the ICANN Board to deny the Non-Commercial Stakeholder
Group its rightful 6 council seats, claiming we aren't
"representative" enough.  The IPC complains because our counselors
will remain seated after June (but doesn't mention that its own
counselors will also remain seated).  In fact, it didn't make any
comments on its own proposals - it is only a slam on all non-
commercial users proposals.

Wow.  They really are desperate with this move.

Robin

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org