Fwd: [council] Fwd: Redemption Grace Period and associated rights

Adam Peake ajp at GLOCOM.AC.JP
Fri Sep 26 10:36:57 CEST 2008

Robin, Hi.

What does "inadvertently lapsed re-registration"
mean... Didn't understand the terms of the
agreement with the registrar. Forgot. Missed the
emails and perhaps faxed reminders (one of my
registrars sends me a fax when I don't reply and
expiry date nears.)

Once out of the automated re-registration system
and a person's involved the registrar will be
incurring quite heavy costs. And if your friend's
name is a short string or real word/words then
seems the registrar might be being helpful with
their warnings about possible future costs
(perhaps,don't know the name, etc.)

That said, I do think there need to be checks
made that earlier consensus policy has been
implemented and registrants made aware of renewal
and delete policy.

And I support ALAC's efforts to begin a PDP
process on redemption grace and hope the NCUC
will also in the GNSO.

Adam  (personal opinion, not yet an ALAC member.)